22 October 2008

Typical College Student?

Today, I am the canonical college student. T-shirt, jeans, flip-flops and hooded sweatshirt. Oh yeah. Combine that with my large, dark sunglasses and my iPod, and I'm totally a college student wannabe...oh wait, I AM a college student. But most days, I don't dress like one.

See, Noel had an office job once upon a time. And started to get used to the idea of having heels on every day, and nice clothes everyday (read: nice shirt, shoes, and jeans (I worked on the shop floors sometimes (and by shop floors, I mean shipping))). So I like to look nice. Yesterday, I wore my kickin' pink heels, black slacks, and a nice cream and black shirt. I looked professional, I looked young, I look GOOD! (Let's go look, SO GOOD!)

So this is out of character for me. But I no longer work any office job, so why not take advantage of that? It just feels weird. I have a Notre Dame shirt on. Little boy's T-shirt even. I'm a slacker. Or at least a poser of a slacker. I'm not really. But I look it.

Just a random thought for today.

3 comments:

Redoubt said...

Yeah. My wardrobe can be rather binary. And then there are those days where the two looks mix in ways they should not. Those are the days when I didn't get enough sleep to make good clothing decisions.

Xan said...

I hear you. lol. We've all been there.

Megs said...

Dear Noel,

That's how I look ever day :)

And I have an office job! Hhaa

Meg