23 June 2011

Forget Getting Out of Debt

You know all those feel good stories you hear in conference about how they committed to getting out of debt and BAM! the answer/solution fell right into their laps?

Bullshit. All of it.

Or, I just have an EXTREME case of the luck o'the Irish. When it comes to finances. Among other things.

So yeah. If you make a commitment to get out of debt, don't worry...here's how it'll play out for you. A TRUE story.

First, you'll get a decent job and be all "suh-weet! no debt here I come."

Then, you'll get laid off from said job. Thus INCREASING your debt just so you can survive. You know...food and all? Plus, you may become anemic. Meat is pricey. Can't just go eating that whenever you want. However, you will have an AWESOME friend that will help ensure you are getting enough iron...Once she realizes that you aren't getting enough. Tender mercy? I think so.

After that, you'll actually finish your Master's degree and think "<sigh of relief!> now, I can find lucrative work and start paying this debt down.

You won't.

You'll find work as a receptionist that BARELY pays enough for you to meet minimum payments. Oh, and this? doesn't include money for anything after the minimum payments.

You'll finally get out of that job into a job that pays more than you've ever earned. And you'll think "finally! I can pay off my debt and live DEBT FREE and SAVE MONEY and HAVE FOOD STORAGE. Nope.

You will find that THIS is the exact time that everything that you NEED starts to cost you an arm and a leg.

My check engine light came on today. Pray it's cheap. Or I may just fall off the bandwagon. Because, I literally can't take this anymore.

I pay my tithing. I'm going to church. I even went to church when I was feeling like I didn't belong and cried every Sunday because of that. But I went. I just can't do this anymore. I just want to be obedient. And I can't.

3 comments:

Sef said...

We got a computer that can figure out that light for you. Well my friend does at least. We are checking Becky's car today.

Kristie said...

Believe it sucks and sure seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel as they say. I wish there was more I could say to make you know it will all be okay but you and I both know that doesn't solve how you are feeling. But know I love you and if you need anything I am here for you.

Katie said...

HUGS. Wish I could do something more than just send moral support. But I am here for that.

xo